Shop Polki Jewellery Online
Polki Jewellery, also spelled as "polki" or "polki jewellery," is a traditional form of Indian Jewellery that is known for its use of uncut, natural diamonds. Polki diamonds are typically flat diamonds with one flat side & one domed side. They are often used in their natural state, without much polishing or cutting, which gives them a unique and rustic appearance.
Types of Polki Jewellery:
- Necklaces: Polki necklaces are a statement piece in Indian bridal jewellery. They come in various designs, from classic chokers to elaborate, multi-layered pieces adorned with pearls and colored gemstones.
- Earrings: Polki earrings are known for their intricate craftsmanship. You can find them in the form of studs, jhumkas, & chandbalis, often featuring vibrant enamel work.
- Bangles and Bracelets: Polki bangles and bracelets add a touch of elegance to any ensemble. They are available in a range of styles, from sleek single bangles to ornate, stackable sets.
- Rings: Polki rings are a symbol of opulence and sophistication. They often feature large uncut diamonds surrounded by smaller diamonds or colored gemstones.
Tips for Buying Polki Jewellery:
- Certification: Always buy Polki jewellery in delhi from reputable sellers who provide certification for the diamonds. This ensures the authenticity & quality of the stones.
- Setting: Pay attention to the setting of the diamonds. Good craftsmanship is essential to ensure that the diamonds are secure & won't come loose easily.
- Design and Craftsmanship: Choose a design that resonates with your style & personality. Look for intricate detailing & skillful craftsmanship that enhances the beauty of the Polki diamonds.
- Metal Quality: Polki jewellery is often set in gold, so ensure that you're getting high-quality gold with the appropriate purity.
- Budget: Determine your budget beforehand and stick to it. Polki jewellery comes in a wide range of prices, so there's something for every budget.
Characteristics and information about Polki jewellery:
- Uncut Diamonds: Polki diamonds are uncut or minimally cut diamonds, and they retain their natural shape and form. They are valued for their raw and unrefined look, which sets them apart from the more polished and faceted diamonds used in Western-style jewellery.
- Gold Setting: Polki diamonds are usually set in gold, with intricate designs & craftsmanship. Gold is the most common metal used for Polki jewellery, & it is often embellished with enamel work, meenakari, or other decorative elements.
- Traditional and Ethnic: Polki jewellery is deeply rooted in Indian culture & tradition. It is often associated with bridal jewellery & is worn on special occasions like weddings, festivals, and other significant events.
- Versatility: Polki jewellery comes in a wide range of designs, from elaborate bridal sets to more delicate & contemporary pieces. It can include necklaces, earrings, bangles, rings, & more.
- Value: Polki jewellery is highly valued, not just for its aesthetic appeal but also for its historical & cultural significance. Antique Polki jewellery pieces can be particularly valuable & sought after by collectors.
- Care: Due to the uncut nature of Polki diamonds, they may be more fragile than fully cut and polished diamonds. It's important to handle Polki jewellery with care to avoid chipping or damage to the diamonds.
Polki jewellery is a beautiful and timeless part of Indian jewellery tradition, and it continues to be a popular choice for brides & those who appreciate the elegance & cultural significance of this art form. It combines the natural beauty of uncut diamonds with the intricate craftsmanship of Indian jewellery design.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
1. What is Polki jewellery?
Polki jewellery is a traditional Indian jewellery style known for its uncut diamonds, often set in gold, silver, or other precious metals.
2. How is Polki jewellery different from Kundan?
Polki jewellery uses uncut diamonds, while Kundan jewellery uses glass stones or semi-precious gems. Polki is considered more valuable due to the use of real diamonds.
3. Is Polki jewellery suitable for everyday wear?
Polki jewellery is usually more elaborate and best suited for special occasions like weddings and festivals, but some pieces can be adapted for daily wear.
4. How do I know if the Polki jewellery is authentic?
Authentic Polki jewellery should come with certificates of authenticity. Buying from reputable sellers like Dhirsons Jewellers and checking for hallmarks can also help ensure authenticity.
5. What is the price range for Polki jewellery?
The price of Polki jewellery varies widely depending on factors like the quality of diamonds, the metal used, & the craftsmanship. It can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars.
6. How do I choose the right Polki jewellery for my outfit?
Consider the occasion, your outfit's color and style, and your personal preferences. Polki sets with matching earrings & necklaces are popular choices.
7. Is online shopping for Polki jewellery safe?
Yes, online shopping for Polki jewellery can be safe if you buy from reputable websites like Dhirsons Jewellers with secure payment options and a good return policy.
+Add content, please!
This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.